For each person to share with the group their individual strengths and positive traits that contribute to the overall success of the group.
4 to 8 people per group
- Large sheet of paper
- Writing paper
- Pens or pencils
- Marking pens
Break the group into smaller groups of four to eight. Give each team one large sheet of paper, some writing paper, marking pens and a pen or pencil. Instruct the groups to make the “ultimate team member” by combining all of their best traits into one imaginary person. They need to give this “person” a name and draw a picture of him/her on the large sheet of paper with different attributes labeled. Then the group needs to write a story about this person. The story should highlight all of the amazing things their imaginary person can do with all of the awesome charactersitics he/she has been given. Allow time at the end of the group time for each team to share their person and to read their story.
- If one person had all of your best traits would he/she be much better than any one person in your group?
- How can you as a group member contribute to the team?
- How does working as a team make things easier for each person?
- What can you do as a team than you can’t do by yourself?
- What other attributes do you think you have to contribute to the team that were not mentioned in your story?
- What other attributes do others in your group have that were not mentioned in your story?