To include everyone in a team game in which players must work together
20 or more is ideal
- 2 basketballs
- Basketball court
- White stickers with the number 1, 2, 3, or 4 written on them
This is a fun way for a large group to play basketball while using teamwork and making sure everyone is included.
Divide the groups into four teams and give each team a batch of stickers with the numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4 on them. Each person puts a sticker on his/her shirt (team number one should all be wearing 1, team two should be wearing 2, etc.). Teams one and two will be shooting at one basket and teams three and four will be shooting at the other basket. Play with two basketballs and everyone plays at the same time. (It is best to play with no out-of-bounds if this is possible.) The object of the game is for everyone on your team to score a basket.
Play regular basketball rules, only everyone is playing at once and trying to help his/her team members to score. Every time a basket is made, the person who made the basket takes off his/her sticker and places it on a score board that is on the wall (or have a person be the scorekeeper who wears all the stickers on his/her shirt). The stickers keep track of who has scored. Once a person scores one basket, he or she cannot make anymore points for his or her team. The first team to successfully have everyone score a basket wins.
- How was this game different from a regular basketball game for you?
- Did you get the ball more or less then usual and why?
- Do you like to play team sports? Why or why not?
- Is it always fun to play competitive team games? Why or why not?
- What is the advantage to being on a team versus playing a game by yourself?
- How can you be a better team member when on a team?
For a small group, play with only two teams and change the rules so each time everyone on a team scores a basket, the team gets one point.